Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, and the Formula One group have announced a five year agreement appointing Emirates as a Global Partner of Formula 1® starting with the imminent 2013 season.
The announcement was made today by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline & Group and Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive Officer of the Formula One group.
Emirates will have a strong branding presence at 15 races on the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship™ calendar across Europe, Asia, Australasia, North America and South America. Starting at the Grand Prix™ in Malaysia (22-24 March 2013), the distinctive Fly Emirates branding will be seen at historic circuits such as Silverstone in Great Britain, Monza in Italy and Interlagos in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
“This is an exciting global opportunity to align two world leading brands. The ambition, cutting-edge technological standards and worldwide reach of Formula One go hand in hand with Emirates’ vision and ambition,” said Sheikh Ahmed.
“For many years, Emirates has been at the forefront of sports partnerships across the world. With the addition of this global partnership with the Formula One group we are continuing to expand our sponsorship portfolio, which I’m sure will be appreciated by sports fans. Today’s Formula One partnership follows on from our recent sporting announcements such as re-signing a multi-year sponsorship agreement with Arsenal Football Club, being a sponsorship partner of the 2014 Commonwealth Games and becoming the Official Airline of the ATP World Tour tournament.”
As part of the Formula 1® Global Partner agreement, branding will be displayed on circuit bridges and associated ground signs and Emirates will make full use of the world-renowned Formula One Paddock Club™.
Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive Officer of the Formula One group commented: “Emirates has a first class international reputation and I’m very pleased to welcome such a prestigious company as a global partner of Formula One. Watching Formula One races live in flight will be something special for Emirates customers and Emirates branding at this many races on the calendar will lend strong support to their ambitious expansion plans. With considerable overlap between their priority markets and our own I look forward to many successful years working on this important partnership together”.
Emirates’ 128 destination network enables motor racing fans to reach virtually all Formula 1®locations for the 2013 season, beginning with Kuala Lumpur 22-24 March through to Sao Paulo 22-24 November.
- 2013 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 22-24 March – up to 4 daily services; A380, Boeing 777, Airbus A330-200
- 2013 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 12-14 April – double daily service; A380, 777
- 2013 FORMULA 1 GRANPREMIO DE ESPAÑA (Catalunya) 10-12 May – daily flight to Barcelona; 777
- FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DUCANADA 2013 (Montréal)7-9 June – via either New York (double daily A380) or Toronto (3 weekly A380 flights)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 28-30 June – via Birmingham (double daily 777, London Heathrow 5 X daily A380s, London Gatwick (triple daily, 777) or Manchester (triple daily; 777, A380)
- FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND (Nürburgring) 5-7 July – via Frankfurt (triple daily 777) or Dusseldorf (double daily, 777)
- FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2013(Budapest) 26-28 July – via Vienna (double daily except Tuesday; 777, Airbus 340-500)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 23-25 August – viaDusseldorf (double daily, 777)
- FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2013 (Monza) 6-8 September – via Milan (triple daily; 777, Airbus 330-200)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 20-22 September – 4 daily flights; 777, A380
- 2013 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 4-6 October – double daily to Seoul except Wednesday and Friday; A380, 777
- 2013 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 11-13 October – Tokyo Narita International Airport (daily A380),Tokyo Haneda International Airport – daily from 3rd June 2013, 777 aircraft
- 2013 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL INDIAN GRAND PRIX (New Delhi) 25-27 October – up to 6 daily flights to Delhi; 777, A330-200
- 2013 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin) 15-17 November – via Houston (daily 777) or Dallas (daily 777)
- FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2013(São Paulo)22-24 November – daily to Sao Paulo; 777